The following ammunition is NOT allowed to be used on the range:
- ONLY ONE FIREARM OUT OF ITS CASE AT ANY TIME.
- NO BIRD-SHOT ALLOWED ON THE RANGE! Buckshot or Slugs ONLY!
- Black powder & muzzle loading firearms are not permitted.
- Fully automatic firearms are permitted at the discretion of the Range officer. Proper paperwork on the firearm is required.
- A maximum of three people are allowed per point.
- Only one person at a time may be firing. Only persons who have signed a waiver are allowed in the range.
- Targets must be placed at least 15 feet down range from the shooting point.
- In the event of a cease fire or if the whistle sounds, immediately clear your firearm and step back from the line. Do not touch your firearm until further instruction.
- Do not leave a loaded firearm unattended. Do not place a firearm on the bench without unloading it first.
- Do not hand a loaded or uncased firearm to another person. Do not change points with a loaded firearm.
- No drawing from holster, hip shooting, or snap shooting is allowed unless range officer has given approval.
- Equipment left unattended is at your own risk. The range is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Do not remove a jammed/malfunctioning firearm from the point.
- If a firearm is malfunctioning lay it down on the bench with the muzzle pointed down range and ask for help.
- Any damage to the range will be the liability of the customer.
- When finished, unload and case your firearm.
- If you are using a rental gun make sure to return the gun unloaded, with the action open, and the magazine removed.
- Carry the firearm back to the range officer in the case provided.
- You must use ammunition purchased from Bill’s Gun Shop & Range in our rental firearms.
- Pick up only your own brass that is behind the firing line. Do not pick up brass in front of the firing line.
- Do not reach over firing line.
- Do not disturb other shooters while picking up your brass.
- Do not pick up brass from another shooter’s point while they are shooting even if it is your brass.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction down range.
- No loading firearms on back shelves. All muzzles must be pointing down range at all times!
- Keep your finger off the trigger and outside of the trigger guard until ready to fire.
- Keep the action open and the firearm unloaded until ready to fire.
- The action is to be opened immediately when the firearm is removed from a case.
- The action must stay open until ready to fire.
- Eye and ear protection must be on before entering the range and while on the range.
- The range officer has authority at all times.
- The range officer reserves the right to remove you from the range at any time for any reason.
- Range officer must approve all ammunition.
- Steel, tracer, incendiary, gas, or explosive ammunition is NOT permitted.
- Any ammunition the range officer decides is unsuitable for indoor range use is NOT permitted on the range.
- Know how the firearm operates.
- Be sure the firearm and ammunition are compatible.
- Range officer reserves the right to prohibit the use of any firearm that may be unsafe.
- No children less than 10 years of age allowed on range.
- An adult must accompany people under 18 years of age.
- The adult shooting with the minor must have written and signed permission from the parent or guardian.
- Range officer has final word on whether or not any person can shoot on the range.
- No pregnant women allowed on range.
- No food or beverages on the range.
- No smoking on the range.
- No firearms with a muzzle velocity of 3,300 feet per second or greater are allowed on range.
- No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol is permitted on the range. Persons suspected of or having the appearance of any chemical influence will be removed from the range.
- No open toe shoes.
- No low cut tops.
PRIVATE GROUP RENTAL RATE/REQUESTS
If you are coming with a group such as a bachelor/bachelorette party, workgroup, or event, please contact our scheduling manager for availability. Our general rates are as follow:
There is a non-refundable $250.00 to $300.00 minimum for weekday reservations and a $350 to $400.00 non-refundable minimum for weekend reservations.
Group Rental requests are cancelable with a 72–hour/3 business days notice only. Please note that the Requested time and date submitted below are not guaranteed until confirmed by Bill’s Gun Shop & Range.
**Groups of 7 or more shooters are required to schedule and use the classroom facility if not on the range at all times. Classroom rate: $25.00 per head with $150.00 to $200.00 reservation minimum**
PRIVATE GROUP RENTAL RATE/REQUESTS
Ear Muffs Must be worn in range at ALL times! Customers may not use ONLY foam ear plugs.
Bill’s Gun Shop & Range’s mission is to provide a 5-Star experience to our members and guests. In doing so, we want to make sure we place the safety of our members and guests first on our list of priorities.
With that safety in mind, beginning January 1, 2019, Bill’s Gun Shop & Range will have a new policy that helps to ensure the hearing protection of our members and guests. The policy moving forward will be that no “foam” earplugs may be used as the sole source of hearing protection while in our ranges.
Lately there have been too many research reports and national safety reviews calling attention to the fact that 1) people don’t insert the foam ear plugs correctly in their ears and 2) the actual noise reduction level that foam ear plugs provide is simply not enough to be safe related to indoor gun ranges.
I am sure there will be some frustration for those who love their “foamies” but I believe that we as an organization, and a member community, have the obligation to set the example for safety where we can.